• Membership in the Minnesota Mayflower Society includes membership in the
General Society of Mayflower Descendants and a subscription to its magazine, The
Mayflower Quarterly: http://www.themayflowersociety.com/news.htm
• As a member, you would receive the newsletter from the Minnesota Society,
Minnesota Pilgrim News, three times a year providing historical articles as
well as State Society news.
• The Minnesota Society holds three open meetings annually for members and
their guests. The meetings include historical and educational speakers at
• You will meet people who share similar ancestry and history with passengers of
the Mayflower, we call them “our cousins.”
• You will honor the memory of those forefathers who helped shape and inspire
our great democracy.
• Your genealogical record will be filed in a secure, climate controlled location with
both the Minnesota Society and the General Society in Plymouth, Massachusetts.
It will be available fifty, even a hundred years from now for your Descendants.
• You will be given a State and National number that will be on file with both
Societies, making it easier to probe future genealogical lines.
• Once approved, members receive a membership certificate, suitable for framing
which names their Mayflower ancestor.
• Members are entitled to free use of the genealogical collection in the Mayflower
Library, located at the General Society headquarters in Plymouth, Massachusetts.
• Once approved, members may purchase an official GSMD grave marker made of
bronze to be attached to grave stone.
• Our society is increasingly mobile. If you should move out of state, your member-
ship can be easily transferred to your new state. This will allow you to meet new
people and assimilate into your new home with ease.
• You have fun while learning about your family history.